Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Takes Some Getting Used To

Just when I think I am going to write; perhaps something prolific, important and the opening line here after time away, the right thing, I pray; I lose momentum.
How does one start, after such a time as I have had?
You just start.
lao-tze, remember?

I am no longer a sandwich lady.
My upper crust, as it were, my raison d'etre over these past 14 months, has passed away.

My mother gave life her all, her tenacity apparent and very present until she stated her needs of "letting go, going home".

so home she went.
to the center of the hub, our living room:HOME.
There, surrounded by 3 grandsons, 2 dogs, one cat and loving daughter and son-in-law; Elsie Anne Davis Botwick let go.
her skin was radiant, her peace radiant.

I am crafting the incredible story for you to read here , as soon as I am rightly able.it has to be just so.

The hole in my heart, in the fabric of my life is enormous.
I half expect passersby to ask me what happened, after noticing my gash.

We all have gashes, mostly invisible.

Takes some getting used to.
this gash, this gap.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

wonderful piece, but one fallacy.
you still are a sandwich lady -- the top piece of bread may not be physically present, but it's still there..