Saturday, March 27, 2010

sending forth

the earth sends forth its babies
the young , green shoots
emerge from their snug, safe
winter refuge
affirming and reaffirming
life's cycle
life
cycles on and forward
moving in and out, through and
out.
Long , long winter
of cold and grief
plummeted to depths of
icy hardness.
now, ends of lips begin to curl
upwards,
as shoots reach upward
towards the sun
towards life.
The spring equinox is here
at long last.
after 9 months i bear fruit
and witness, to my loss.
I miss you Mommy.
Nine months to the day
you died
letting go into G-D's infinite bliss
and wisdom.
at the summer solstice we buried you,
here tis-vernal equinox
and I merge forward
loss into hope
void a constant companion
Brown, brittle twigs I rip out
I rake away
to find
green (spring)
love is constant, ever present
amidst dark winter
green was there
in the center of the universe
you'll always be there.

No comments: