Monday, June 2, 2008

It is Monday.
Beginning of a new week, G-d only knows what tasks need to be done, but rest assured, there will be many!
My mother is coming along, and with this progress comes many decisions about her future.
I feel similarly to the time a little over a year ago, helping my son decide where he would go to college.What's the best place, location, etc, etc.
Now, for my 86 year old mother, I need to create a path that is best for her in her remaining days.
Daunting!I came across the following in a small pamphlet from an organization called LifeLights: Help for Wholeness and Healing.
I hope it can help those of you who are also "sandwich spreads"; or taffy as MamaDaisy wrote in a previous posting.

Caretaker's Prayer by Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

Dear G-d: give me the strength to face this day
To deal with the tension, anxiety and dizzying confusion of my life.
Teach me to focus, to prioritize, to see with clarity.
G-d of patience, teach me patience.
Forgiving G-d, teach me to forgive.
Bless me wit the courage to face my parent's illness and pain, amidst my own fears.
Touch me with your spiritual light, your love, your wisdom
So that I can continue my task tomorrow, knowing that You are by my side.

Monday brings a new day of the workweek, and with it new possibilities, questions, the unasked and unsaid needs.
I am enjoying this temporary quiet, before the next storm, because it IS coming.
Roja Chutzpah- Your sandwich lady

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there.. the only thing more certain that death & taxes that things will change...

Anonymous said...

nice typing..

I meant... the only ting more certain than death & taxes is that things will change...

Jennifer said...

ah, yes. change.thank g-d for change.
I could use some spare change.Lord knows I have a spare "tire".