Saturday, June 14, 2008

Other people's parents

sharing.
would things be different,and how much so, if we switched parents?
Between friends.

I had a interesting conversation with a friend who has a mother the same age as mine, her mom having similar issues of anxiety.
each of us is going crazy with the stresses of their stress.we talked about the dynamics and roles we all play within family structures and tossed around the idea of me dealing with her mom, and vice verso.

what does this tell us?
can we create different dynamic with our own flesh and blood?
perhaps, with detachment, and it takes patience, willingness; to name a few.
i want to hear from you sandwich scouts, sandwich ladies, the paths and the processes by which you find easier connections with your parents.
we all know we "let our hair down at home". so, too it seems, is what occurs with our parents.Yet, they can create an altogether er different image at their doctor's appointments, etc.
Hmmm.

I am reminded of a favorite story I used to share with my yoga students:
today I walk down a street and I see a hole and I fall in.
the next day I walk down the same street, I see the hole, I fall in.
the next day I walk down the same street, I walk around the hole.
the next day I walk down a different street.

let's all learn to walk around the holes and down different streets.
Roja

No comments: